Digitizing Technician (Mon-Thurs, 6:00pm - 11:00pm)
What We Do
Join one of Chattanooga’s fastest growing companies, Southtree. Southtree was founded on the conviction to restore, to revalue what has been devalued. We are about preserving outdated memories -- tapes, film, photos, and audio -- into digital keepsakes that are both usable and safe for future generations. Join our collaborative culture, be a part of a rapidly changing and dynamic company that helps thousands of customers preserve their recorded family moments daily.
As a Digitizing Technician you’ll be responsible for delivering exceptional customer experiences by helping digitize family’s recorded moments trapped on videotapes, film reels and photos. You will use the latest digitizing equipment including professional scanners and playback decks to ensure the best quality digitization of all those important milestones -- baby’s first steps, weddings, graduations and more. Southtree is a fast-paced, dynamic work environment that is constantly evolving and changing, and we are looking to add a team member who is ready for the challenge and passionate about helping customers preserve their past.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Scan old photos, transfer audio tapes and convert film and video tapes into DVD and Digital.
- Look for opportunities to demonstrate care and concern in the service and product we’re providing.
- Master our internal order processing systems in order to efficiently and effectively digitize our customers one-of-a-kind recorded moments
- Maintain a broad knowledge of both Southtree, Legacybox and KODAK Digitizing Box products
- Communicate opportunities for improvement and challenges to department leaders
Background and Experience
- Associates degree or 1+ years of work experience
- Experience in a production or manufacturing facility, a plus
Characteristics and Traits
- Professional, positive, sincere, patient and adaptable
- Passionate about engaging and delighting the consumer
- Smart and organized with a strong attention to detail
- Self motivated and eager to learn something new every day
- A “no task is too small” attitude and a positive, spirited outlook
- Must be 18+ years old
- Able to lift 75 lbs with or without reasonable accommodation
- Physically able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend and reach
- Able to stand for 8+ hour shift duration
- Able to work Fridays during peak season
- Must pass drug test and state, federal, and criminal background check
- Unpaid Time-Off
- Constant Supply of Coffee
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
Starting at $13/hour, up to $17/hour
If there are openings, you may apply to transition to day shift. Day shift positions are full-time and would enable you to qualify for full-time benefits (healthcare, vision, dental, 401k, paid time off).